NEOLUBE Thread Sealant No.100
NEOLUBE NO. 100 is a high-performance, pipe thread sealant, designed for locking and sealing of metal pipes and fittings.
This sealant is a creamy paste formulated to impart lubricity for assembly purposes, to provide immediate low pressure sealing, and to cure to a solid for sealing and securing threaded pipe connections.
This product has excellent solvent resistance and withstands temperatures to 300°F (149°C) continuously.
NEOLUBE No. 100 does not contain Teflon.
Neolube No. 100 Is Not Normally Recommended For Use On Plastics (Particularly Thermoplastic Materials Where Stress Cracking Of The Plastic Could Result). Users Are Recommended To Confirm Compatibility With Such Substrates.
Neolube No. 100 Is Not Recommended For Use In Pure Oxygen And/or Oxygen Rich Systems And Should Not Be Selected As A Sealant For Chlorine Or Other Strong Oxidizing Materials. For Safe Handling Information On Neolube No. 100, Consult The Safety Data Sheet.
NEOLUBE NO. 100 PIPE THREAD SEALANT is recommended for sealing thread fittings in fossil fuel, solar and hydro power plant piping systems. Application areas include:
|Pumps and Valves||Fuel Oil Piping|
|Low Pressure Steam Lines||Rad-Waste Systems|
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF UNCURED MATERIAL
|Chemical Type||Methacrylate Ester|
|Appearance (Uncured)||Smooth, creamy, off-white paste|
|Components||One Component – Requires
|Specific Gravity @ 25°C||1.08|
|Flash Point (TCC)||>199.94°F >(93.3°C)|
|Viscosity, Brookfield - RFV
25°C, mPa*s (cP):
Spindle 7, speed 2 rpm
|300,000 to 900,000|
K factor (torque/tension) @ 4950 Lbs (bolt load)
3/8 x 16 Grade 5 phosphate and oil fasteners
|NO. 100 treated fastener||0.16|
Halogen Content.....200 ppm (maximum)
Chlorine Content.....200 ppm (maximum)
Sulfur Content.......1500 ppm (maximum)
This pipe sealant contains no directly added Lead, Zinc, Mercury, Antimony, or Copper where such elements are leachable or could be released by breakdown of the sealant under expected environmental conditions.
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLICATION
1. Optimum results will be obtained on fittings that are clean. Clean all surfaces (external and internal) with reagent grade toluene, acetone, isopropyl alcohol or methyl ethyl ketone, and allow to dry.
2. Apply a 360° bead of NEOLUBE NO. 100 to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amounts accordingly and apply a 360° bead of NEOLUBE NO. 100 on the female threads also.
3. Using accepted trade practices, assemble and wrench tighten fittings in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
4. Properly tightened fittings will seal instantly to moderate pressures. For maximum pressure resistance and solvent resistance, allow NEOLUBE NO. 100 to cure a minimum of 24 hours.
5. NEOLUBE NO. 100 has been formulated to cure without the use of heat or activators on stainless steel or other inactive surfaces. Higher temperatures will speed cure; lower temperatures will retard the cure process.
6. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration.
TYPICAL PERFORMANCE OF CURED MATERIALEnvironmental Resistance
The following characteristics of NO. 100, PIPE THREAD SEALANT have been tested by an independent laboratory.
1. Calculated estimates under continued temperature and radiation exposure reported the following judgments:
- "The product will provide a 40-year service life at ambient temperature not exceeding 122°F (50°C)."
- "A 10-year performance life can be expected for service not exceeding 200°F (94°C)."
- "The pipe thread sealant can be safely used to seal threaded pipe joints for approximately 1-year at a temperature of 250°F (131°C). Under high radiation and at temperatures greater than 250°F, long-term service life has not been predicted accurately."
- Under non-nuclear (standard radiation) environments, thermal stability of this high purity PIPE THREAD SEALANT NO. 100 can be expected at temperatures up to 400°F.
2. Product is suitable for sealing low pressure steam, not
exceeding 300°F (149°C).
3. NEOLUBE NO. 100, PIPE THREAD SEALANT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SEALING APPLICATIONS IN THE REACTOR PRIMARY CONTAINMENT AREAS; WHERE OPERATING TEMPERATURES FOR THE FITTINGS ARE GREATER THAN 300°F OR WHERE THE INDUSTRIAL STANDARD REQUIRES WELDED ASSEMBLIES.
4. Where aqueous washing systems are used to clean the surfaces before bonding, it is important to check for compatibility of the washing solution with the adhesive. In some cases these aqueous washes can affect the cure and performance of the adhesive.
Suitable for use with piping systems containing air, water, gas, hydrocarbons (aromatics), boric acid, alcohols, halocarbons (perchlorethylene, trichlorethylene), organic acids (citric and acetic), mild mineral acids and bases (diluted and cold), and aqueous solutions of lithium salts, hydrazine and mercaptans.
Suitable Piping Materials
NEOLUBE NO. 100 is recommended for use on Iron, Magnesium, Bronze, Nickel, Zinc, Aluminum, Austenitic, Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Monel, Cadmium, bright plating, anodized surfaces, passivated surfaces and Titanium fittings. Elevated temperatures will cause threaded Copper to oxidize. High reliability Copper piping should be pickled prior to use of any sealant.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED MATERIAL
Time to achieve full strength on steel 24 Hours
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
ISO 11359-2, K-1
|Coefficient of Thermal Conductivity
ISO 8302, W/(m*K)
|Specific heat, kJ/(kg*K)||0.30|
TYPICAL PERFORMANCE OF CURED MATERIAL
After 24 hours @ 25°C
Breakaway Torque, ISO 10964:
3/8 x 24 steel nuts (grade 2) and bolts(grade 2)
|Cured for 24 hours @ 93°C, tested @ 25°C
Breakaway Torque, ISO 10964:
3/8 x 24 steel nuts (grade 2) and bolts (grade 2)
Fittings assembled with NEOLUBE NO. 100 may be disassembled with normal hand tools. Where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length or large diameters (over 1"), apply localized heat to approximately 250°C, and disassemble while hot. Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in a solvent and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush.
NEOLUBE NO. 100 can be used in conjunction with all metals, glass, ceramics and many thermoset plastics such as phenolic, polyester, etc.
NEOLUBE NO. 100 will, however, soften and sometimes craze thermoplastics including: ABS, polycarbonate, vinyl, methacrylates, etc. They will also soften varnish and lacquer finishes. Most baked enamel finishes are not harmed by initial contact but should be wiped clean within an hour of application. The cured sealant will not affect any of these materials.
Store material in the original container. Maintain in a cool, dry location.
Optimal Storage: 8°C to 21°C (46°F to 70°F). Storage below 8°C (46°F) or greater than 28°C (82°F) can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to original containers. The information supplied is believed to be reliable for the time encompassed by the shelf-life period. Huron cannot assume responsibility for product which as been contaminated or stored under conditions other than those previously recommended. NEOLUBE NO. 100 has a shelf life of 24 months from date outlined on the Certificate of Quality Conformance. Refer to the Certificate of Quality Conformance for expiration date.
Eye Irritant; may irritate sensitive skin. Contains methacrylate esters. In case of eye contact, flush with water for fifteen minutes; get medical attention. Wash after the skin contact.
Excessive or repeated skin contact with this sealant may cause skin irritation. In case of irritation to sensitive skin, discontinue contact with the product. If skin reaction occurs, discontinue use and consult a physician. To avoid skin contact use the applicator nozzle provided. Keep material away from children. Use in accordance with a Safety Data Sheet.
Use the customary safeguards in storing, handling and applying materials of this type. A Safety Data Sheet is furnished with each shipment.
APPROXIMATE COVERAGE PER 50 CC TUBE
1/8" Pipe 750 Pipes
1/4" Pipe 500 Pipes
3/8" Pipe 300 Pipes
1/2" Pipe 150 Pipes
3/4" Pipe 100 Pipes
1" Pipe 50 Pipes
A product certification is available for each batch and shipment. Neolube products are not considered safety-related goods. As such, they are not designed, fabricated, handled, shipped, stored, etc., under a quality assurance program which complies with the requirements of 10CFR50, Appendix B, 10CFR21, or ANSI.
The data contained herein are furnished for information only and are believed to be reliable. We cannot assume responsibility for the results obtained by others over whose methods we have no control. It is the user's responsibility to determine suitability for the user's purpose of any production methods mentioned herein and to adopt such precautions as may be advisable for the protection of property and of persons against any hazards that may be involved in the handling and use thereof.
In light of the foregoing, Huron Industries, Incorporated specifically disclaims all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose arising from sale or use of Huron Industries, Incorporated's products. Huron specifically disclaims any liability for consequential or incidental damages of any kind, including lost profits. The discussion herein of various processes or compositions is not being interpreted as representation that they are free from domination of patents owned by others or as a license under any Huron Industries's patents which may cover such processes or compositions. We recommend that each prospective user test the proposed application to determine its suitability for the purposes intended prior to incorporating any product or application in its manufacturing process using this data as a guide. This product may be covered by one or more United States or foreign patents or patent applications.
Printed in U.S.A. Revised: 04/18/17 09100Data
©Copyright 2017 by Huron Industries, Inc,